Gli Orari delle Lezioni e i programmi degli insegnamenti (coprensivi di bibliografia) sono reperibili esclusivamente nelle pagine della Segreteria Studenti - On Line accessibile dal link segnalato alla fine delle istruzioni.
Nelle pagine è possibile fare la ricerca per "ricerca docente" o "ricerca insegnamento". Una volta raggiunta la pagina dell'insegnamento/docente cercato, clicca sul link "orario delle Lezioni", all'interno si trova il calendario delle lezioni della settimana corrente, altrimenti selezionando in alto a sinistra dal menù a tendina "Calendario Template", si rende visibile la distribuzione giornaliera ed oraria delle lezioni anche di altri periodi del semestre corrente. Posizionando il cursore su ciascun riquadro, dopo breve attesa appare l'indicazione dell'aula e del Presidio dove viene tenuta la lezione.
The Master program offers a highly interdisciplinary training, directly connected with the advanced research activities undertaken at the Center for Cognitive Studies on Language - CISCL. The Master program is articulated in two curricula: Linguistics and Cognition; Philosophy and Cognition.
Courses are offered in English in order to stress the international character of the master program and favor the enrollment of international students as well as the interaction between Italian and foreign students, to enhance the opportunity to access international doctoral programs, the capacity of students to actively participate in international conferences and seminars, the possibility to access job opportunities abroad.
The articulation in two curricula aims to build a study experience that is at the same time coherent and diversified, in which a predominant number of courses shared by the two curricula are present in the first year while the second year is devoted to an in‐depth study of one of the two curricula.
The Master program in “Language and Mind. Linguistics and Cognitive Studies” focuses, in both curricula, on the study of language in the perspective of cognitive studies and of the philosophy of language and mind. It is primarily addressed to students interested in:
- the in-depth description of human languages, in their different varieties including different dialects;
- the study of language as a cognitive capacity and its relevance in the domain of first and second language acquisition and language pathology;
- the study of the philosophical, psychological, biological and social bases of language and cognition;
- the study of the relevance of the analysis of human language for philosophical studies.
Students of the Master program in “Language and Mind. Linguistics and Cognitive Studies”, will acquire:
- an in‐depth knowledge of the theoretical models and of the analytical methods of contemporary linguistics, including experimental methods and field research;
- the ability to apply theories and methods of linguistic research for the description and analysis of different languages, in a comparative perspective;
- familiarity with different dimensions of the interdisciplinary study of language as a cognitive capacity, of first and second language acquisition, of the relation between mind, language and the brain;
- familiarity with the philosophical issues underlying the study of language as a cognitive capacity and of the relation between language and mind, as well as of the relation between logic, inference and meaning in natural language;
- the ability to utilize theories and methods of formal linguistics in different applied domains, such as language teaching, the study of language pathology, computational applications and psycholinguistic experimentation.
The Master program in “Language and Mind. Linguistics and Cognitive Studies” is activated within the class LM/39 – Linguistics. Core courses will be offered by the following professors from the Linguistics and Philosophy staff of the University of Siena: Adriana Belletti, Valentina Bianchi, Alison Duguid, Christoph Lumer, Sandro Nannini, Duccio Pianigiani, Luigi Rizzi, Arturo Tosi, Gabriele Usberti, Giuseppe Varnier, Cesare Zanca.